Moving can be very stressful, especially for a senior. It’s not just about the physical move — choosing what furniture and mementos to keep — it also has a tremendous impact on emotions, health and the dynamics between family members and caregivers.
Love & Order specializes in helping seniors (and their loved ones) throughout the move process, including the important steps before and after. For example, many of our clients need assistance with sorting and de-cluttering. The Love & Order team helps pack precious items, because we understand the emotional importance of them to our clients. Once a move is complete, we ensure that the new environment is both inviting and safe, which makes it easier for your loved one to feel comfortable in their new surroundings. If there are items to be disposed of, donated or sold, we help with that too.
Whether it’s a transition from the family home to smaller living quarters or relocation into or within a continuing care community, Love & Order can help. It’s not just about efficiency. It’s also about honoring the wide range of emotions a senior and their loved ones feel throughout the process. That’s where our specialized training in the physiology and psychology of aging benefits our clients.
Managing all Facets of Moving
As a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers and National Association of Professional Organizers, we understand the unique challenges of helping a senior move as well as establishing support systems for a healthy and safe environment. Whatever the reason for the move, the Love & Order team can help with organizing, downsizing and coordinating pre- and post-move:
Organizing & Downsizing
- Downsizing focused on choosing items of importance from both a functional and emotional perspective
- Moving into or within independent or continuing care communities
- Personalized approach to creating a safe, pleasant and familiar environment
- Adhering to the professional and ethical guidelines from AADMM, NASMM and NAPO
- Specializing in working with hoarders and clutterers
- Inventory, pack & label all belongings for local, regional or national moves
- Create floor plans for the most efficient use of space
- Research moving companies and project manage the selection process
- Supervise packers and movers on either or both ends
- Arrange utility & address changes including disconnection and reconnection of service
- Unpack & remove/recycle boxes
- Arrange & supervise cleaning of old residence – prepare for staging
- Work closely with other professionals, such as real estate brokers
Estate Valuation & Disposition
- Manage home clear outs and preparation for estate sales
- Handle donations, consignment, shipping, and disposal of items
- Collection of required documentation for tax or estate settlement purposes
Move Management Packages & Pricing
Choose from a variety of move management packages to fit your budget and needs.
This package is perfect if you want to do it yourself but need helping in planning your move project. We will work with you to develop the scope, schedule, and resources for you to do it on your own. You’ll receive a plan to implement which includes 2 half-hour telephone coaching sessions when you hit the wall and need a sympathetic ear.
In addition to a customized moving plan, this package provides additional coaching. Tap into our extensive knowledge and resources in one-to-one coaching sessions. We can meet in person, phone or via Skype. The number of sessions depends upon the specifics of your situation and needs.
Price: based upon a standard hourly rate of $90/hour. Sessions are done in 30-minute increments.
Have a tight deadline? No problem. With this package, you receive everything we offer. We create a plan, hire the resources, and oversee the work from start to finish. We’ll hand the keys to the house over to the realtor and even put mom on the plane for you!
Price: We’ll create a customized quote based upon your project scope; typically provided as a flat hourly rate or a “not to exceed” amount based on an hourly rate.